The last year went unbelievable fast. I've the impression, the older I get, the faster the world goes! Just as last year I took a moment to look back at some of my highlights.
- January: I started helping Ordina to build up an Oracle team. I'm pleased with the result; 15 new people came on board, we worked for some new customers and did some nice projects.
- February: Oracle Application Express 3.0 was released. I believe this was a big step in the current success of APEX.
- March 14: the Apex Evangelists website went live. The idea started in October 2006 and after a couple of months of brainstorming and sorting things out, John Scott and I announced a company focusing only on Oracle Application Express.
- April 2: I had a first discussion about APEX "against/next to" JDeveloper/ADF.
- April 19: I gave my first APEX presentation in the States during Collaborate '07 in Las Vegas. A few days before I also sat in the APEX panel and organized the APEX Meet-Up.
- May 17: Announcement of the first European APEX Training Days
- June: my second ODTUG, in Daytona Beach. During that event I did an APEX presentation, the APEX Meetup and a Podcast with Lewis Cunningham. I also met the Oracle APEX Development team again and I met Patrick Wolf for the first time in real-life.
- July 11: Launch of Oracle Database 11g
- August 7: first Apex Evangelists onsite Oracle Application Express Training together with John Scott.
- September was the month of the most exciting highlights of this year
- September 4th-6th: First European Apex Training Days
- September 19th morning: Announcement of the second European Apex Training Days
- September 19th evening: my first baby... a son, Matthias, got born
- September 30th: first time "away" with Matthias for a dinner with Steven Feuerstein.
- October: prepare for November and enjoy Matthias
- November: my second Oracle Open World. I also did an APEX presentation at OOW and organized the Apex Meetup and Apex Roundtable.
- December 5: my first UKOUG where I flew in, did an APEX presentation and Roundtable on the same day and had some great food with some nice friends.
- December 8: my first Mac, a MacBook Pro
- December 17: presenting together with Lucas Jellema in the Netherlands: "APEX vs ADF"
- December 27: this post, as I find it unbelievable what I did last year
In my private life, I got a nice little baby, which is an awesome experience. I didn't find an house, but we bought some land to build one.
Finally to end 2007, I did around 135 blog posts... The stats of this blog: