A collegue of mine asked for a comparison tool for Oracle databases.
I searched a bit on the internet, and found the below solutions.
*** Following tools can connect first to 1 database and later to an other (didn't test this) ***
- http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/OracleSchemaCompare.asp For windows, written in .NET (with xml!)
*** Following tools must connect to both database ***
- OEM - Change manager (used it, works great)
- TOAD - Compare schema's (used it, works great)
- http://www.dbspecialists.com/scripts.html basic SQL*Plus script with DB Link
- http://www.softtreetech.com/dbtools/ nice tools for Oracle (windows)
- http://www.impacttoys.com/download.htm Tool for Organizing Your Schemas
- http://www.dbsolo.com/schema_comparison.html Compare databases (oracle, sql server, …)
- http://www.dkgas.com/oradiff_screens.htm Compare 2 Oracle databases
- http://www.dbbalance.com/technology.htm Compare databases (oracle, sql server, …)
*** Following tools work at design level ***
You can also do reverse enginering of the schema's with the used design tool and compare from there...
The design tool we used: Sybase PowerDesigner, Oracle Designer