It’s already some time ago I posted something…
* What are the best Oracle tools?
I found an interesting url about that: http://www.orafaq.com/tools/comparison
Based on the reviewer, I suppose Toad and PL/SQL Developer are the ones to use… BUT SQL Developer (Raptor) isn’t included in the test.
* My personal favorite Oracle tool per area:
- EM10g (Enterprise Manager) for doing DBA and Grid control
- SQL Developer (Raptor) for PL/SQL development and what you would do with TOAD.
Why replacing Toad? SQL Developer is free, works on Windows and Linux, easy to install (only unzip) and is really pushed by Oracle. There will be plug-ins for ex. DBA, Tuning, XML etc.
- Application Express (HTMLDB) to develop applications
I’m also looking for “the versioning” in PL/SQL (a system like cvs). In 10g there would be something like that, but I don’t know where to find it… If you’ve some ideas, please let me know.