A few weeks ago I tried to run the sample Adobe Flex application on an Oracle Application Server (Fusion Middleware) and an Oracle Database.
It's not that difficult to get it running. I got a hint of Marc M. which parameters I should use in the startup of my oc4j and from that moment it worked really nice.
You should start the oc4j as:
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" %JVMARGS% -Xmx1024m -Doc4j.jmx.security.proxy.off=true -jar "%OC4J_JAR%" -userThreads %CMDARGS%
What did I use and why? (my configuration):
- Oracle Database 10gR2 - data
- Oracle Application Server 10g (stand-alone - 10.1.3.1) - hosting app and monitoring
- Adobe Flex Data Services - binding with data
- Adobe Flex Builder (with sample apps) - building Flex app
- JDeveloper (10.1.3.1) - deploying app
A screenshot to show you the proof ;-)