Last night I slept well ;-)
I'm currently waiting in Atlanta together with a lot of other ODTUG participants.
My overall impressions of Daytona Beach and the conference are positive.
Last year it was my first time in the States. At that time I didn't know what to expect and the whole experience was unbelievable. After that conference I went to other conferences in the States, like Collaborate and Open World and I think I'm getting partially used to it. Although the States are still "big" and impressive, but I suppose I already expect the most unbelievable things.
At every conference I learned something new, not only technical but also personal. Nevertheless, my biggest interest for doing theses conferences is networking. Putting some faces on the people you see on the internet or just talking to each other in real life.
My highlights (top 5) for this conference where:
- Meeting Patrick Wolf in real life and hanging out together
- Seeing Daytona Beach (the Nascar and the Ocean)
- Giving my first presentation at ODTUG
- Talking and having drinks with some of the Oracle APEX development team
- Meet the other APEX fans and Oracle bloggers