I'm in the airport waiting for my flight to ODTUG Kaleidoscope at the moment.
It will be a long flight, from Brussels (BE) to London (UK) to Miami to finally arrive in New Orleans!
I'm doing quiet a lot of presentations this time:
- Sunday: Presentation of Use Case with one of our customers
- Tuesday: I'm in the APEX Experts Panel, trying to answer your questions
- Wednesday: My presentation of Charts in Oracle Application Express
- Thursday: APEX vs ADF Shoot-out, together with Lucas Jellema
The last presentation Lucas and I did last year in the Netherlands. We decided to change some things in the presentation. One of them is to include "the nicest app or features in both environments".
So, I thought to ask the community what they think I should show.
Currently the list I thought to chose of:
- Out of the box in APEX: from raw Data to Application and Interactive Reports
- "Web 2.0" extensions in APEX: for ex. ExtJS and Dhtmlx
- Integration with Webservices, Fusion and SOA
- Extending E-business suite with APEX
(although I don't have the Oracle Applications Suite running on my laptop, so it will be hard to show)
- Integration with SQL Developer
What features do YOU think make APEX incredible? Feel free to send me some screenshots or even nicer: real demo sites or an application export I can show.
I know a lot of the applications we build are "internal" only, but if you could make a subset of it to just show the cool feature, that's already fine. If you just want to share what you think would be cool to show, just add a comment ... there might be a chance I already did some testing with it.
Thanks... and see you in New Orleans!