Monday, February 14, 2011

75 days of silence

I've been quiet for 75 days now, which seems a lot to me and never did feel like that! Time is flying...

After Tobias's message I felt I had to do another post and give you some feedback what is going on.


Just to assure you I'm fine I took a quick picture with my webcam. I might look a bit more tired as usual and my first grey hairs start to appear, but I'm still alive and kicking...


I'm still passionate about Oracle and APEX and work every day (and night) with this technology. That is also the biggest reason I was so quiet the last weeks. I've been very busy with so many exciting things! But I'll do some more blog posts about these in the next days and weeks as many are useful for the APEX community too.

I'm not sure you already knew but APEX Evangelists is back on the map. Sumneva didn't work out as expected and got dissolved in the form it was, in November last year (as a joint venture of APEX Evangelists and Sumner Technologies). So both John Scott and myself went back to our original name of APEX Evangelists. Scott Spendolini and Doug Gault decided to keep the name Sumneva as a new business venture in North America.

John and I decided to freshen up the look and feel of AE (APEX Evangelists) and the new website should go live very soon now. The new logo is already on, the content is coming...

Enough for now in this post... there is more to come :-) I'm hoping to go back to normal posting, meaning a new post every three days... and yes the new APEXBlogs is coming too...

Speak soon...

Dimitri

6 comments:

Johannes de Jong said...

I love the simplicity of the new logo.

Johannes

Tobias Arnhold said...

Hi Dimitri,

great that you are still doing good. Hope your new/old company will grow well.

Cheers,

Tobias

Anonymous said...

Dimitri,
Glad to hear you're doing well. Sad to hear the business venture did not work out. Looking forward to reading more posts for you.
Regards,
Todd

Monty Latiolais said...

Good to hear from you, Dimitri.

grey hair := fatherhood;

...happens to us all.

Monty

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Gielis,

first, thank you very much for your blog.

I would like to know how can I user APEX 3D Chart to represent more than 2 axis. For example the output of the following query:

select
null,
trunc( i.creation_date, 'mm' ) mes,
u.username tecnico,
count(*) cnt
from
dba_frame.apex_issues i,
dba_frame.apex_app_users u
where
trunc( i.creation_date, 'yyyy' ) > to_date( '2008', 'yyyy' )
and u.id = i.assigned_to
group by
trunc( i.creation_date, 'mm' ), u.username
order by
trunc( i.creation_date, 'mm' ), u.username

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Marco Antonio

Dimitri Gielis said...

You can select multiple Y-Axis in APEX 4.x
If it's not sufficient you can look at the AnyChart website and look at the XML and add it in the Custom XML in APEX chart attributes.