*** After a long time, I finally said to myself to start this Oracle Application Express Forum Wrap-up again ***
My goal is to put some links to the forum that took my attention in the last week. Sometimes these posts made me laugh, sometimes they made me cry and some of them I found really interesting.
The most interesting topics:
- APEX 3.0.1 installation on Vista: A step-by-step guide to install Oracle Application Express on Windows Vista
- Patrick posted some possible Bugs: here, here and here. They are all about Select Lists
- Already heard about Extjs. There's a nice (long) thread on the integration of that with APEX. For me this is just another 3rd party product integration. In APEX it's easy to do that. I integrated for ex. Yahoo and Google widgets. There're so many, nevertheless I wanted to include it in here...
- Dynamically change Report Template: it's not really because of the report template I include it, but there's a nice technique John and I've been using to reuse queries.
- How to Post Data from Outside Oracle using APEX Application? Really strange some people would like to do it, but I also got this question at one of my customers... so apparently it's more asked.
- Value too long: The length of a form item can only be 32512 bytes. There's a workaround, which Carl Backstrom wrote.
- How Store and Enlarge Images In APEX: I didn't look at the forum for some time now, due to my new born baby, but I was surprised to see a link to my blog ;-)
- Empty PDF files generated within APEX 3.0: hmm I think I also got this once when I was doing a presentation. Localizations is very tricky sometimes!
- APEX Line Calendar: Patrick Haston made a nice solution for such calendars
- Problems with APEX & BI Publisher: report column amount limit and text item with %