Thursday, April 17, 2008

Collaborate 08 - Snow in Denver

My presentation on Wednesday was the last of the day. When we went back to the hotel, we couldn't believe our eyes! The day before it was over 20°C and now there was snow! At a moment there was a heavy wind and some people said snow was coming, but I wouldn't believe that. But a few hours later, it was true, unbelievable... I told you Denver is a strange place!


Yesterday night there was the Collaborate Party. As you can expect for a party; lots of food, drinks and music.

During the party I met somebody from Belgium. Nothing special? If you know there are more than 8000 people at Collaborate...
We were together at school, but didn't have that much contact. We both started to work for Oracle in 2000, without knowing from each other. So we met again at Oracle. We worked in different departments, so we didn't see each other that much, until we were together on the same project (after 4 years).
At a moment we both quit Oracle and we didn't see each other anymore. After 4 years we meet again in Denver! It was nice to see him again. It shows how small the world is or how strange it can be.

3 comments:

Bill Ferguson said...

Hi Dimitri,

Great picture. I can see my minivan there, almost in the middle, by the trash can and the light pole.

Pleasure to finally meet you and John. Hope you two have a safe, uneventful trip back home.

Bill Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Welcome to Colorado.. Going from 20c to below freezing is not uncommon this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dimi,

It really is a small world, isn't it? I was really surprised to see you in 'snowy' Denver. It seems that we keep running into each other at least once every 4 years.

I'll give you a shout for our next "reunion" or I'll see you at Orlando next year (or within another 4 years somewhere else...). ;-)

Good to see that you're doing so well. It seems I definitely need to get a my feet wet and dip into APEX...