Saturday, May 19, 2007

New Google Analytics Stats for this Blog

My Google Analytics account is also migrated to the new version (beta).
It's pretty cool to use GA, as you have a bit more information about your visitors...

The Dashboard

Track Clicks

I capture when somebody clicks to download my whitepaper, just to have an idea how many people are interested in that topic.
The below images shows how many times my whitepaper was downloaded (from my blog). If there're some direct links to my whitepaper, then they're not taken into account.

I like this new version of Google Analytics, but nevertheless I tend to keep my Statcounter stats too.

3 comments:

Mathias said...

It looks on the second image as if you're hosting this document in your blogspot site. Is that correct or is that misunderstanding how the GA information on it should be read?

I've enabled GA for my blog, but it is still too new to have enough data to make the stats very interesting.

Dimitri Gielis said...

Hi Mathias,

I'm not hosting this document on blogspot, but at Apex Evangelists.
If you look at my source code of the blog post where I posted my whitepaper you'll some javascript.
That enables me to link it to a directory as that's the only thing GA understands. So if you click on my whitepaper, GA thinks you go to that directory (or doc) even if that's on another page.

Hope that helps,
Dimitri

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the outline. This has made me go back and start using GA again.