Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oracle Develop round-trip

This link at OTN shows you the details about the two day conference for Developers.

Sometimes I get the question: "What about APEX in the future?"

It's an interesting question and I'm part of a group of people writing an article about it. But if you look at this conference, you see that APEX is included in the agenda too. Have a look at Database Application Development. You'll see sessions about the SOA Suite, .NET, JAVA, Webcenter, but also APEX. I'm sure that when Oracle Database 11g get released, you'll understand that APEX will stay for a long time... In 11g you'll see APEX 3.1 with a lot of web 2.0 enhancements next to some other improvements. 11g with APEX out-of-the-box will rock, my dear friends! ;-)

4 comments:

Mathias said...

This is the first time I've seen anyone state this... All 11G editions will come with APEX and it will upgrade together with the normal Oracle Patch system? I've thought that would be natural (and fantastic), but is that how it will be?

Dimitri Gielis said...

Well it will be there as an option.
If you upgrade, I'm not sure it's there by default... we'll see ;-)

Dimitri

JochenVdV said...

Some interesting sessions in there! Are you going to one of these conferences?

Dimitri Gielis said...

Hi Jochen,

I didn't book any dates yet. So, not sure that I go... but it's definitely interesting.

Dimitri