Thursday, November 19, 2009

RSS of APEXBlogs.info

A couple of days ago the RSS feed of APEXBlogs.info started to behave weird. Although you could still read the message, the link at the bottom to redirect to the website suddenly didn't work anymore.

I didn't change anything but Feedburner is now under the Google flag and apparently that added statistics to the url.
e.g. &utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OracleApexBlogAggregator+%28Oracle+APEX+Blog+Aggregator+%28by+AE%29%29

If you took that bit off it worked just fine.

I found the answer in the FeedBurner forum. You can disable all the statistics (not sure why they got enabled suddenly) so the url should become "normal" again, so that is what I did. Let's hope the new posts through RSS are correct again.

I've some new ideas for the website to include also the APEX related twitter messages and do a general update of the site to make it cleaner, but I didn't find the time to finish it yet.

If you have other ideas or recommendations for the site, feel free to add a comment. I'll take it into consideration for the new release.

1 comment:

Martin Giffy D'Souza said...

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for fixing this.

Martin