Sunday, April 18, 2010

Interactive Report feature I never used before

I never really had a look at the Advanced Attributes of the Interactive Report, but I missed out on some really cool features. It shows that just like Tom Kyte, I learn a new thing every day...

Let's say I've an Interactive Report with amounts per department. The Report ID Item allows me to show a different saved view of the Interactive Report based on who's logged in and in which department they are. You find the Report ID in the APEX_WORKSHEET_RPTS view.

APEX 4.0 will go a step further with the saving of the Interactive reports, but the above is already available in APEX 3.2 and something I will definitely start to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you explain in more details where this can be used or provide an example.

Anonymous said...

Can you explain in more details where this can be used or provide an example you can reach me at saikiran.paturi@gmail.com