Tuesday, October 11, 2016

OTN Appreciation Day : APEX

If you're following some Oracle blogs or Twitter, you'll see many blog posts starting with "OTN Appreciation Day : " today. You can read the story behind this initiative on Tim Hall's blog. "The blog post content should be short, focusing more on why you like the feature, rather than technical content."

In my life Oracle played (and is still playing) an important role... and it all started because I love working with data - which lead me to the Oracle database, the *best* database in the world.

So I just have to write about a feature of the Oracle Database; but which one to pick? The way Oracle implemented SQL, or the programming language inside the database PL/SQL or the tools and options that make the database awesome?... I thought some time about it and for me personally next to the database itself, it was really APEX that changed my life, so I just have to write about it.

In this post I want to share why I love Oracle Application Express (APEX) and why I consider this the best feature of the Oracle Database *ever*.

The goal, I believe, of a database is to capture data and do something with it; either to get insight in your data or share it again in different formats with others... and Oracle Application Express is just the easiest way to do this! In no time you create a web application with some forms that capture data directly in your database. And in even less time you share and get insight in your data through beautiful reports and charts. You just need a browser... it's secure, fast, scalable and you can use the full power and features of the database - APEX is the window to your data!


#ThanksOTN

No comments: