Monday, May 11, 2020

ORDS: The database user for the connection pool named |apex|rt|, is not authorized to proxy to the schema

When configuring some Oracle REST web services through Oracle APEX, I got confused, so I thought to quickly write down, so I don't forget for the future.

Although I use many ORDS web services in several schemas, for a new schema I got following error: "The database user for the connection pool named |apex|rt|, is not authorized to proxy to the schema named ."


I was confused, as I enabled the schema to be REST enabled.


It was only once I gave following permissions it worked:

alter user {USER} grant connect through APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER;

There you go, it might help you too :)

4 comments:

Jari Laine said...

Do you need even configure pool apex_rt, if you have migrated legacy APEX REST to ORDS ?

Bifin said...

I did not find where to download it..
https://www.oracle.com/tools/ords/ords-relnotes-1945.html

Mike L said...

I did all your tutorial for have an Oracle Apex instance on my own domain ... and everything is EXCELLENT! I created one app and I uploaded some images, but now this error appear so much.

503 Service Unavailable

The database user for the connection pool named |ocid1.tenancy.oc1..-dbml|re|, is not able to proxy to the schema named ORDS_PLSQL_GATEWAY. This could be a configured restriction on the maximum number of database sessions or an authorization failure.

Can you help me, please!

Stefan G said...

Yes... same!
Can anyone help?